Seven free at-home workouts that you can do with dumbbells to tone and tighten from head to toe this week. Each day focuses on a different body area, from your shoulders and arms to your core and legs. Dumbbell week is going to strengthen and sculpt your whole body. Lose fat and gain muscle with these easy-to-follow workouts.
Free At-Home Workout Plan With Dumbbells
- Day One- The Best at-Home Shoulder Workout
- Day Two- Total Core Workout with Weights
- Day Three- 30 Minute Dumbbell Leg Workout
- Day Four- At Home Chest Workout for Women
- Day Five- Arm-Toning Workout
- Day Six- Strong and Sexy Leg Workout
- Day Seven- Ultimate Dumbbell Back Workout
Keep reading for the links to each of these workouts. You’ll find step-by-step guides with pictures and videos to help you perfect the moves and technique to get a great dumbbell workout.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
Hey everyone, welcome to another week here on Tone-and-Tighten.com.
I’ve been on a real dumbbell kick lately. I love free weights, they’re such a great way to sculpt lean muscle, shred through fat, and shape the body you’ve always wanted.
With just two little weights you can literally work your entire body – this week I wanted to show you how.
I’m going to share 7 of my favorite dumbbell workouts with you to work you from head to toe, or shoulders to legs anyway.
Your objective is to try to get through all seven of them this week.
Think you’re up to it? Yeah – I thought so. Here we go.
Our Weekly Workout Plans feature just a few of the hundreds of workouts on Tone and Tighten.
Click here to see them all.
Here’s some other great at-home dumbbell workouts:
HOW HEAVY SHOULD MY DUMBBELLS BE TO GAIN MUSCLE?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to weight training. If your goal is to build muscle, you need dumbbells that are heavy enough through your repetitions that you can start to feel the burn when you have completed your sets.
You don’t need the heaviest dumbbells you can find to start building muscle. You can gain muscle with strength training even by using light to medium weight dumbbells with an appropriate amount of repetitions.
Beginners should start with 4-15 pound dumbbells. Choose an amount of weight that you can lift about 10-12 times. Experiment with what weight works best for you during your sets.
You’ll want to start out light to make sure you are developing proper technique before increasing the weight.
HOW DO I INCREASE DUMBBELL WEIGHT TO GAIN MUSCLE?
If you are doing strength training regularly at about 2-3 times per week, you should increase the weight by a few pounds every 4 weeks. Add weight in 2 to 5 pound increments. See how it feels and keep going.
Don’t worry if you feel like you can’t add weight, or even have to decrease weight sometimes, the important thing is that you keep lifting.
You’re well on your way to lean muscle gains.
First thing’s first – you’re going to need some dumbbells.
If you’re intermediate or a little more serious, these adjustable dumbbells are a great set to invest in. They are quick and easy to adjust in 5-pound increments.
Get yourself some and let’s do this.
Day One- Shoulders
- This shoulder workout brings a unique spin on tough reps, you’ll do some serious reps to burn those shoulder muscles- 3 exercises of 100 reps each. A great shoulder workout for carving out incredible definition in the upper arm. The goal is to use light weight and get to 100 reps of each exercises, or as many as you can until fatigue.
Day Two – Core
- Dumbbells are not just for upper and lower body workouts, did you know you can get an amazing core workout with dumbbells? This dumbbell core workout with resistance is guaranteed to shred your midsection. Five awesome ab workouts that you will repeat 3 times for a killer workout.
Day Three- Legs
- My top dumbbell leg exercises to carve, sculpt, and ultimately Tone and Tighten the lower extremities. Includes 5 exercises repeated 3 times for an effective leg day.
Day Four- Chest
- A great chest workout, especially for women. Increase strength, improve posture, and feel better overall with my favorite at-home chest workouts you can do with just a pair of dumbbells.
Day Five- Arms
- This complete arm-toning workout is just what you need to carve amazing definition. The exercises are designed to tone and tighten your arms with dumbbells. You’ll also get an extra boost from some added cardio moves as well.
Day Six- Legs
- That’s right, leg day again this week. Looking to sculpt incredible legs with amazing muscle tone? These 5 exercises are how to get there. Check out these effective leg exercises you can do at home with just a set of dumbbells.
Day Seven- Back
- You don’t need a gym membership or a lot of fancy equipment to strengthen and tone your back. Six of the best exercises to sculpt and shape your back – all with just a pair of dumbbells. This effective dumbbell back workout will improve your back definition, so what are you waiting for?
Looking for more amazing at-home workouts just like these? Tone and Tighten has you covered.
Looking for something a little more difficult? Our follow-up ebook, the 8-Week Advanced Workout Guide takes your results to a whole new level. Over 75 workouts to push you harder and yield incredible outcomes. Learn more here.