This easy grilled chicken protein bowl is great for meal prep. It’s so versatile and will boost your daily vegetable intake. This is the perfect balanced meal with healthy carbs, lean protein, veggies, and healthy fats. These chicken protein bowls are delicious, quick, and easy enough for pretty much anyone to make.
Grilled Chicken Protein Bowls
Looking for an easy meal-prep idea for this week? This chicken protein bowl is an easy lunch or dinner to bring anywhere, not to mention it tastes great.
Keep reading below for the recipe and step-by-step instructions.
7 Days of awesome at-home workouts and delicious dinner recipes – delivered daily right to your inbox.
This is one of my favorite recipes to put together at the beginning of the week and eat it all week long – it makes for great lunches that you can grab on the go.
I love making protein bowls, it’s like a salad but with more healthy carbs and protein to help you feel full and satisfied throughout the day.
It’s super fast and easy to make and you can throw in whatever you have in the fridge. Feel free to add in other vegetables you love like olives, bell peppers, jalapenos, even sweet potatoes work great.
Make a batch of these for your lunches throughout the week to grab and go, or make them for your whole family.
HOW TO MEAL PREP
Do you even meal prep?? Because if not – you have to START IMMEDIATELY! There’s no better way to keep you eating on track and maintain your progress towards your goals. It’s a great way to eliminate spontaneous eating out and destructive snacking.
A great place to start prepping meals is with some effective and convenient meal prep containers.
This is my absolute favorite package: it contains 6 food containers, a shaker cup, ice packs, supplement holders, and comes in a convenient carry-all pack. CLICK HERE to get yours on Amazon (affiliate link).
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to keep your eating on track, be sure to check out my 1500 Calorie 14-Day Healthy Eating Plan.
Need some other meal-prep inspiration? I got you covered:
BENEFITS OF EATING PROTEIN:
Your body needs protein to build and repair muscle, especially after you have worked out. Protein is the building block of many body tissues as well as other body chemicals.
Protein also gives you the feeling of satiety, meaning that you will feel full and satisfied after a meal.
Your body needs a large amount of protein each day because you cannot store it, so you need to be consuming it throughout the day in small amounts.
You probably need less protein than you think, you just need to be eating more of it from better protein sources.
THE BEST SOURCES OF PROTEIN:
This recipe is great because it includes HBV protein, or High Biological Value protein which typically comes from animal sources of protein.
High Biological Value proteins are protein foods that contain all the essential amino acids that are needed to build new muscle proteins. Your body can absorb and use HBV protein very effectively, which makes this meal a great post-workout meal.
This chicken protein bowl contains healthy carbs, healthy fats, lots of veggies, and the perfect amount of protein. Chicken is a great example of a High Biological Value protein.
The recommended amount of protein per meal is about 15-20 grams, making this recipe especially effective after a tough workout session to heal and build muscle. The protein will also help keep you full, so your appetite and hunger levels will be reduced between meals.
This chicken protein bowl will re-fuel and nourish your body with the nutrients it needs after a workout.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PROTEIN BOWL:
This recipe is a great place to get started, but it’s extremely versatile and you can be building your own nutritious bowls in no time.
- First choose your base, I like to have leafy greens and a complex carbohydrate like brown rice or quinoa.
- Next, pick your protein, such as chicken, ground turkey, tofu. I like to add in beans and legumes as well.
- Add an assortment of raw, baked, or roasted vegetables.
- Finish if off with your favorite seasonings or dressing.
- Include a variety of textures, shapes, and colors of ingredients for a bowl that is visually appealing and extremely appetizing.
Easy AND tasty. I like to meal prep by preparing a lot of chicken or another protein at the beginning of each week and mixing it up at meal time with different bases and vegetables to give me a variety of quick meals throughout the week.
I hope you like this grilled chicken protein bowl recipe.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 limes
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 pounds chicken breast, grilled
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups pico de gallo (or favorite chunky salsa)
- ¾ cup guacamole
- ¾ cup cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Set out 6 plates or 6 meal prep containers (whatever you are going to be using).
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice, juice from limes, and cilantro. Divide rice between 6 servings.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and divide between 6 servings.
- Divided remaining ingredients 6 ways and assemble your bowls.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you need a good pico de gallo recipe, CLICK HERE.
Looking for more healthy recipes?