Make all your healthy lunches and dinners for the week in a matter of minutes with these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Meal Prep Bowls! Sweet pineapple, flavorful chicken and red peppers and zucchini make this a dish everyone will love.
Trying to eat healthier or lose weight? Meal prepping is here to help!
Why meal prep?
Meal prep can help with:
- portion control
- wondering what to eat for lunch or dinner
- healthy meals that are ready when you are
- avoiding the drive-thru at a fast food place
- and all of these things lead to weight loss!
What is meal prepping anyway?
Meal prep just means that you are prepping your meals once or twice a week in a large batch. It’s really convenient because you only cook once but have enough meals to last you for 4-5 days.
I love having healthy meals ready for me in the fridge- I just pull it out of the fridge and heat it up. It’s perfect for days when I am at home or even at work.
Meal prepping really does make eating healthy so easy!
I usually take some time on Sunday nights to meal prep for the upcoming week.
Meal prepping also saves you money because you are not eating out and it’s cheaper to buy items in bulk like you need for meal prepping.
What are the best meal prep containers?
I like using these reusable microwave-safe containers – they come in different sizes:
You can also purchase glass meal prep containers, which are really nice too. Whatever you prefer will work perfectly.
How long do meal prep bowls last in the fridge?
I have found that for myself, I prefer to eat my meal prep bowls within 3-4 days. When they get much older than that, they start to lose their fresh taste.
Meal prep bowls that are made with seafood will only last 2-3 days.
If you are making salads as meal prep, you will want to make sure that you don’t mix the dressing in until right before you eat (otherwise the salad will be soggy).
Wanting to eat healthier?
If you are looking for more healthy recipes laid out in a daily 2 Week Plan, you need to check out my 14-Day 1500 Calorie Healthy Eating Weight Loss Plan!
- Assembled by a registered dietician
- Breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner recipes for 14 days
- Each day’s total calories perfectly calculated to 1500 calories
- Each day has balanced macros (carbs, fats, and protein) to help you lose weight fast
- Click here to learn more!
Looking for more recipes to meal prep? Try these:
- 5 Star Black Bean Chili
- Grilled Chicken Protein Bowls
- Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Bake
- Low-Carb Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup Hawaiian barbecue sauce
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini noodles
- 1 fresh pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken and then add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add barbecue sauce and diced red pepper to skillet and continue to stir until bell pepper is tender and everything is heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
- In another skillet (or remove the chicken from the other skillet and use it again), heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini noodles and saute for about 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Divide chicken mixture equally between 6 bowls. Divide the fresh pineapple, red onion, and cooked zucchini evenly among the bowls as well. Add salt and pepper if needed.
Be sure to not miss another post!
Follow Tone and Tighten on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you checked out my YouTube channel?