A fast, 8-minute ab workout you can do anytime, anywhere. Work your stomach and core fast with 8 great ab exercises that train your abs from every angle. This is the perfect quick ab workout to tone and tighten your upper abs, lower abs, obliques, and the deepest abdominal layer. So let’s get to work.
- Crunches – great exercise to work your upper abs.
- Reverse Crunches – great exercise to work your lower abs.
- Russian Twist – recline while we target internal and external obliques on each side.
- Plank – suck in to target your deepest abdominal layer.
- Bicycle Crunches – combining flexion with rotation in one of the best ab moves out there.
- Mountain Climber – weight-bearing, anti-gravity position works all the layers of your abs.
- Double Leg Raise – my favorite to target and isolate the lower abs.
- Side Plank Hip Dip – the most-effective way to work the lateral core muscles.
Keep reading down below for full descriptions and pictures/details of each exercise in this 8-Minute Ab Workout.
7 Days of awesome at-home workouts and delicious dinner recipes – delivered daily right to your inbox!
Sign up for our all-now “7-Day Home Workout and Recipe Plan” by clicking RIGHT HERE!
- Lay on your back with your knees bent, your fingertips placed behind your ears.
- Contract your abs to lift your shoulder blades up off of the floor.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Lay on your back with a slight bend in your knees and your feet on the floor.
- Engage your abs and keep your back flat while you raise both knees up towards your chest.
- Slowly return to the starting position, but don’t let your feet touch the floor.
- Sit in a reclined position leaning your torso back with your heels on the floor.
- Rotate your shoulders as far as you can to the left, and then back to the right.
- Continue rotating to each side.
- Get in a low plank position on your elbows and toes.
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders – hips – knees – ankles.
- Keep your stomach sucked in tight while holding this plank position.
- Lay on your back with your hands placed behind your head.
- Lift your shoulder blades up off the floor and touch your right elbow to your left knee.
- Repeat to the other side by touching your left elbow to your right knee.
- Continue alternating in a slow, controlled manner.
- Get down in a tall plank position on your hands and toes.
- Bend your right knee up towards your right elbow and return to the starting position.
- Bend your left knee up towards your left elbow and return to the starting position.
- Lay on your back with your legs out straight.
- Keep your back flat, your stomach tight, and raise both straight legs up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly return to the starting position, but don’t let your heels hit the ground.
- Get into a side plank position on your left elbow and outside of your left foot.
- Let your left hip drop towards the floor, then engage the left obliques to push your right hip up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly return to the “down” (left hip towards floor) position and repeat.
You totally nailed it! You completed this “8-Minute Ab Workout”!
Our 8-Week Beginner’s Workout Plan features over 50 workouts, 15 healthy and delicious recipes, tips, motivation and more to help you achieve your fitness goals! Check it out here!