A delicious, healthy, low-carb meal that’s ready in minutes. These Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers will soon become a favorite at your house. Delicious creamy chicken, fresh flavorful peppers, and absolutely macro-friendly.
The most requested recipes that I get are for LOW-CARB recipes that actually taste good and that the whole family can enjoy, so today I wanted to share with you one of my favorites!
My family loves stuffed peppers and this has quickly become a winner at our home – the filling is made using chicken that has been cooked and shredded (a rotisserie chicken works great for this – or check out my Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken recipe).
Mix the chicken with cream cheese, cheese, jalapeno, spices, and salsa. Fill each pepper with the stuffing, cook, and top with some fresh cilantro – it’s dinner perfection.
When it comes to cream cheese, I know that it’s not the healthiest choice. BUT – I recently found a Greek yogurt cream cheese that has a lot more protein in it and I have loved using it in some of my favorite recipes.
You could also use a light cream cheese (also called Neufchatel cheese) in this recipe and it would work great.
Out of all the colors of bell peppers, red peppers are my favorite (probably because they are the sweetest).
You could use any color of peppers for this recipe – any that you have on hand will work great!
Many times stuffed peppers will have the tops cut off and then you fill the entire pepper with filling, but I have found that just cutting the pepper in half down the middle and filling each half is so much easier!
I served these peppers with a green salad on the side and then we had Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. All in all, a meal that was approved by my 4 taste-testers (aka children). 🙂
If you’re interested in more healthy dinner ideas just like this one, be sure to check out our LOW-CARB DINNER COOKBOOK – 40 meals that are healthy, low-carb, high-protein, and delicious!
This healthy meal plan makes weight-loss easy because it’s all planned out for you (including a weekly shopping list!). Get your copy today by clicking here – – – – > 4 Week 1500 Calorie Healthy Meal Plan
- 4 red bell peppers (or any color you prefer)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great)
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (more or less, depending on how spicy you like your food)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup salsa
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice each pepper in half and remove the seeds. Set each pepper half in the prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, Colby jack cheese, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and salsa. Scoop mix into each pepper. Top with cilantro, if using.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Recipe source: Buns in my Oven
If you are looking for some more family-friendly recipes that are healthy, check these out: -Baked Chicken Chimichangas
-Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
-Creamy Cauliflower Chowder
-5 Star Black Bean Chili
-Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Nutrition facts for this recipe:
Have you checked out Tone and Tighten’s YouTube Channel?
In this video, I share my 3 Minute Protein-Packed Breakfast!