An easy and delicious Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole loaded with cheese and salsa verde flavor. Your family will love this dish! With cauliflower as a base (no tortillas), you get in a serving of vegetables as well.
We LOVE Mexican food at our house, but often it’s loaded with calories, fat, and LOTS of carbs. This dish is the solution to all your problems! You still get that delicious Mexican flavor without the guilt.
This dish is so simple to throw together on a busy weeknight, but it’s food you can feel good about feeding your family.
The Secret Ingredient
Since this dish doesn’t use tortillas like an enchilada casserole usually does, it has another base ingredient: CAULIFLOWER.
Yep – you read that right! Who would have thought?! The thing is that cauliflower makes a great base because it takes on the flavor of whatever it is cooked with. You and your family won’t even notice it – it’s the perfect texture and flavor for this dish.
Cauliflower is a great source of vitamins and fiber while being low in calories.
If you want to try another recipe with hidden cauliflower as the base, check out my Creamy Cauliflower Chowder. The cauliflower is what makes it so creamy!
How to make Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Cook frozen cauliflower as directed on pacakge
- Add cream cheese, shredded chicken, salsa verde, green chilies, sour cream, and cilantro and mix well
- Dump it all into a baking dish
- Top with shredded cheese
- Cook and serve – it’s that easy!
Make it for Meal Prep!
This is a great recipe to use if you are wanting to meal prep for the week. Prepare the dish as directed and then divide it between 6 containers.
The casserole will stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days, which makes it perfect for lunch or dinner on the go all week long!
Need more meal prep ideas? Try my Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Bowls!
Wanting to eat healthier?
If you are looking for more healthy recipes laid out in a daily 2 Week Plan, you need to check out my 14-Day 1500 Calorie Healthy Eating Weight Loss Plan!
- Assembled by a registered dietician
- Breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner recipes for 14 days
- Each day’s total calories perfectly calculated to 1500 calories
- Each day has balanced macros (carbs, fats, and protein) to help you lose weight fast
- Click here to learn more!
Looking for more Low Carb Recipes? Try these:
- Copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Chicken Protein Bowls
- Low Carb Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- One Pan Turkey Tenderloin and Asparagus
- Ground Turkey and Vegetable Skillet
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast (a rotisserie chicken works great!)
- ⅔ cup salsa verde
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x11" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook cauliflower as directed on package (I steamed mine in the microwave).
- Dump cauliflower into large bowl.
- Add in cream cheese, chicken, salsa verde, green chilies, sour cream, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dump contents of bowl into prepared baking pan. Top with shredded cheese.
- Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with favorite toppings and more fresh cilantro on top.
Slightly adapted from I Breathe I’m Hungry
Did you know that Tone and Tighten is on YouTube?
Check out all of our workouts and healthy recipes, just like this standing abs workout!