The perfect one-pan meal that is simple and quick to clean up. This low carb chicken sausage and vegetables recipe tastes delicious and couldn’t be easier. A tasty and healthy low-carb meal full of lean protein, healthy fats, and tons of vegetables. Perfect for leftovers and meal prep.
Low Carb One Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables
Keep reading to get the recipe, tips, and nutrition information.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
What’s better than a delicious recipe? A delicious recipe that is simple to make and easy to clean up!
That’s why I love one-pan recipes so much, you cook everything in one pan making clean up and dishes so quick and easy.
Try this one-pan meal for dinner tonight because you know you don’t want to spend your whole evening in the kitchen with dinner prep and clean up. Plus this recipe is perfect to make extras to use for meal prep for the week. Save time by making healthy meals for later.
This low carb chicken sausage and vegetables recipe tastes delicious and couldn’t be easier. It’s a tasty and healthy low-carb meal full of lean protein, healthy fats, and tons of vegetables.
Give it a try- I know you’ll love it.
Real recipes for real people – CLICK HERE to learn more.
WHAT ARE GOOD MEALS THAT ARE LOW-CARB?
Sometimes low-carb diets are successful for weight loss, may improve health, and help control blood sugars. They are necessary for some people, and helpful for many other individuals.
Low-carb diets limit carbohydrates such as sugary foods, bread, pasta, etc. A low-carb diet can be a healthy choice because instead of eating carbs, the focus is on high protein foods, healthy fats, and tons of vegetables.
To be healthy, you don’t need to eliminate all carbs from your diet including fruit, dairy, beans, etc. but having a focus on limiting unhealthy carbs is definitely beneficial. For a healthy low-carb diet, the goal is to eat a lot of plant-based foods with healthy proteins. Try to decrease refined grains, highly processed foods, and sugar.
Good low-carb food choices include eggs, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and some dairy. This recipe below focuses on protein and veggies, so it is perfect if you’re trying to eat low-carb.
If low-carb isn’t your thing, add a serving of pasta, rice, or even breadsticks for a delicious meal.
HOW MANY CARBS SHOULD I EAT PER DAY TO LOSE WEIGHT?
Your body needs a certain amount of carbohydrates per day to function properly, in fact it is your brain and muscle’s preferred fuel source for physical activity. Dietary guidelines recommend carbohydrates provide 45-65% of your daily calories. That would be equal to 225-325 grams of carbs per day for a 2000 calorie diet.
Typical low-carb diets provide fewer carbs than this recommendation, even as low as 50-100 grams per day. While not recommended for everyone, a low-carb diet can often bring faster weight loss.
With the increasing popularity of keto and other low-carb diets, it is possible to stay healthy and lose weight with fewer carbs. If you’re going to eat less than 130 carbs per day (the amount your brain requires), then you need to take extra caution to make sure you have a properly balanced and prepared diet.
Choose an amount of carbs that is realistic and sustainable for you. The best thing you can do is eat nutrient-rich foods that are low in sugar and limit highly refined and processed foods.
Hope you enjoy this recipe that is perfectly delicious and low-carb.
Tips for making this recipe:
- You can use whatever vegetables you prefer in this recipe! Some other vegetables to include would be: broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, butternut squash, asparagus, brussels sprouts, green beans, etc.
- Make sure that you use pre-cooked sausage.
- You can use any kind of sausage that you prefer, but be sure to check out the nutrition facts (not all sausages are healthy) and choose one lower in fat and sodium.
- We actually cooked this recipe on our Blackstone griddle – if you love to cook outside and want to eat healthier, this griddle has been a game changer for us because you can cook meals like this!
- My favorite skillet to use for this recipe is this huge one because you can fit tons of food on it and it cleans up so easily
- This recipe is perfect to use for meal prep – just divide it into containers and you have healthy lunches and/or dinners for the week.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 chicken sausage links (precooked), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, and seasonings (everything except the chicken sausage). Stir to coat vegetables evenly with oil and seasonings. Set aside.
- Place large skillet on stove top and heat to medium-high. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to pan.
- Add vegetables to hot griddle and cook approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken sausage and stir to combine. Cook an additional 5 minutes until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated.
- Add salt and pepper as needed, then sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve.
Adapted from Peace, Love and Carb
Be sure to not miss another post! Get more recipes, workouts, and fitness tips- follow Tone and Tighten on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Twitter
Nutrition facts for Low Carb One Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables:
Looking for more healthy and easy meals? Try some more of my one-pan meals:
Healthy One Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
Ground Turkey Taco Skillet (One Pan Dinner)
One Pan Turkey Tenderloin and Asparagus
Protein-Packed Turkey and Vegetable Skillet