With cold weather here, this soup will fill you up and keep you warm all day long! It’s loaded with vegetables and tastes delicious – your whole family will love it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- garlic powder to taste
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- fresh parsley
- shredded cheese (if desired)
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and red pepper; saute until vegetables are tender (about 4-5 minutes). Add in cauliflower and cook until cauliflower is tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Stir in flour until it starts to lightly brown (about 1 minute), then whisk in chicken broth, milk, and Greek yogurt. Stir constantly until mixture starts to thicken (about 4 minutes). Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crumbled bacon.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the cauliflower is soft (about 15 minutes). Ladle into the bowls and top with fresh parsley and cheese (if desired).
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Black Bean Chili
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.