Never miss a healthy recipe, great workout, tip, or advice from Tone-and-Tighten.com!
Get T&T to your inbox by subscribing to our emails using the black bar at the top of this screen!
This soup has a secret ingredient that makes it not only super healthy, but also very creamy. Would you guess that it’s cauliflower?!
You shred the cauliflower (I just used a cheese grater) and it cooks all day in the slow cooker, making the cauliflower basically melt into the soup and leaving it extra creamy. Plus, you are getting all those servings of vegetables . . . and did I mention that it tastes amazing?! Your family will love it.
Check out Tone and Tighten’s newest eBook…
“The 30 Day Healthy Menu Plan”!
Real recipes for real people – CLICK HERE to learn more!
- 2 cups shredded cauliflower (I used my cheese grater to shred it)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cauliflower, broccoli, chicken broth, water, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and mustard together in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
- Add cream cheese and cook on low for 30 minutes. Mix in shredded cheese and stir well until all the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Spoon into bowls and serve.
Recipe source: Food Done Light
Looking for more healthy recipes?
Oven Baked Honey Soy Chicken