There are a lot of whole wheat banana bread recipes out there, but most of them call for at least a cup of sugar, which really doesn’t make them healthy at all! I love this recipe because it doesn’t have any refined sugar, yet it is still sweet from the bananas and honey. It makes a great breakfast or healthy snack!
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt OR you could substitute ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil (I recommend coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a bread loaf pan (9x5" pan).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl mix the mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just incorporated, being sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
Recipe source: The Examiner
Make it happen,
By Jared Beckstrand