Many of you have emailed me and asked for some ideas of delicious ways to serve vegetables. This recipe is easy to throw together and is the perfect compliment to any meal! It is ready from start to finish in a matter of minutes.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place broccoli in a large microwave-safe pan (such as a glass Pyrex pan). Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and cover with plastic wrap or a wet paper towel. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender, but still has a little crunch to it.
- In a small saucepan, mix together soy sauce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Cook over medium heat until it's completely heated through.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl and drizzle soy sauce mixture over the top, then sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve and enjoy!
1 serving (3/4 cup):
2 g fat (trace saturated fat)
127 mg sodium
6 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
3 g protein
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.