An awesome 15-minute arm workout that you can do at home with zero equipment required. No dumbbells, no weights, and no resistance bands needed for these arm-toning exercises. Tone and sculpt your arms in no time with this workout.
FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan“! 7 amazing workouts and 7 delicious, healthy recipes delivered daily right to your inbox! Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
CLICK HERE to get it!
At-Home Arm Workout Without Weights
- Overhead Claps – a surprising burner for the deltoids and shoulders.
- Pike Push Up – the at-home version of the military press.
- High Plank – work the shoulders and triceps with this challenging isometric.
- Swimmers – great for the posterior deltoid and triceps.
- Bear Crawl – weight-bearing and dynamic; a great at-home arm/core exercise.
- Body Saw – works a ton of core and a ton of shoulders all in one exercise.
Keep reading below for full description of this workout and these exercises.
Do you want leaner, stronger arms with incredible arm definition and sexy muscle?
Today we’re sculpting the deltoids (shoulders) triceps, and biceps at home with zero equipment to get those lean toned arms you’ve always wanted.
This workout is one of my all-time favorite at-home shoulder workouts; the best part is you don’t even need any equipment.
This one is guaranteed to increase strength, improve definition, and leave your arms completely ready for tank tops and swimsuits regardless of the season.
Calling all mamas!
Introducing my all-new Mommy Tummy Fix program!
- Six phases of workouts to ensure your continued progression
- Large color photos and clear instruction regarding performance, sets, and reps of each exercise to ensure proper performance
- The exact same workout plan my wife used for her amazing results
Now onto the FREE Arm and Shoulder Workout!
I always try to make it a point to answer whatever questions you might have here on Tone and Tighten. Some of the most-commonly asked questions I get about this workout include…
How can I workout my arms without weights?
There are many bodyweight exercises you can do to tone your arms without equipment, some of them just take a little more creativity. Push-ups, dips, planks, and bear crawls are among my favorite; we’ll introduce you to a few others in this workout as well.
How can I build arm muscle at home?
In order to tone and shape your arms you have to exercise the muscles against resistance. This includes pushing, pulling, and weight-bearing through your arms. This is going to focus on activating your biceps, triceps, and shoulders to tone and sculpt lean muscle in these areas.
Typically bodyweight resistance won’t be enough to put on mass, rather they’re great for toning and sculpting your arms.
Are bodyweight exercises effective?
Bodyweight exercises are absolutely effective in burning calories, toning muscle, and burning fat. Again – the key to all of this is activating your muscles against a resistance to increase strength and therefore tone. While you don’t necessarily have all the motions available that you would with weights/bands, you can still get in a great upper body workout with a wide variety of exercises using your bodyweight only.
I have over 400 home workouts on my website! Here are some of the most popular:
- 10 of the BEST Free Zumba Workouts to do at home
- 20 of the Best Exercises for Inner Thigh Gap
- 6 Best Exercises for Arm Definition at Home
- 10 of the BEST Free Dance Video Workouts
Are you following me on my YouTube channel?
I share new videos each week that will help you heal your pain right at home!
As a physical therapist, I love to help people feel better and share all my physical therapy exercises and strengthening tips and tricks on my channel.
Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/toneandtighten
Let’s move on to the workout!
For this workout, my main focus is toning and sculpting your shoulders, specifically your deltoids. We’re going to be doing 6 upper-body exercises in circuit format: we’ll perform ABC three times through and then move on to DEF 3 times through.
We’re going to hit this one in timed intervals so no need to count reps. If you’re looking for an interval timer you can find an app on your phone or CLICK HERE to see my favorite one from Amazon (affiliate link – I get a small percentage of the purchase at zero additional cost to you).
So let’s get to it!
How to do a jumping jack
- Start with your fee together and your hands at our sides
- “Jump” your feet apart while bringing your hands up and over your head.
- “Jump” your feet back together while bringing your arms back down to your sides.
How to do an Overhead Clap exercise
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with your arms straight out to your sides.
- Raise your arms over your head to “clap” up at the top.
- Return to the starting position.
How to do a Pike Push Up
- Get down into a push-up position on your hands and toes
- Hinge at your hips to raise your butt into the air towards the ceiling.
- Perform your push up by bending your elbows and lowering your head towards the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
How to do a Tall Plank
- Get down on your hands and toes with your elbows extended.
- Keep your core tight as you hold this position statically.
- Your hips, shoulders, knees, and toes should all be in a straight line.
REPEAT CIRCUIT ONE 3 TIMES AND THEN MOVE ON TO CIRCUIT 2:
How to do a Swimmer Exercise
- Lay on your stomach with your arms stretched out overhead.
- Contract your core and lift your right arm and left leg up off the floor.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat with your left arm/right leg.
How to do a Bear Crawl Exercise
- Get down on all fours – on your hands and toes with your knees bent.
- Crawl forward as much room as you have – don’t let your knees touch the floor
- Crawl backwards as far as you can
How to perform a Body Saw Exercise
- Get down into a low plank position on your elbows and toes.
- Rock as far forward onto your elbows and toes as you can while maintaining good spine alignment.
- Now rock as far back as you can.
REPEAT CIRCUIT TWO 3 TIMES THROUGH
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT!
Looking for more amazing at-home workouts just like this one? Tone and Tighten has you covered!
Our 8-Week Beginner’s Workout Plan features over 50 workouts, 15 healthy and delicious recipes, tips, motivation and more to help you achieve your fitness goals!
Make it happen,