This indoor cardio workout takes less than 30 minutes to complete to give you long-lasting fitness and strength benefits. It teaches you 6 of the best cardio exercises you can do at home with zero equipment required. This quick workout is so effective, it is easy to fit it into your day and will yield amazing results. The perfect combination of strength and cardio to tone and tighten.
30 Minute Indoor Cardio Workout
- Jumping Jacks
- Jump Lunges
- Push ups
Keep reading for a step by step guide with pictures and descriptions of each of these exercises.
FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan“. 7 amazing workouts and 7 delicious, healthy recipes delivered daily right to your inbox. Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
CLICK HERE to get it.
If you’re anything like me, you’re usually pretty strapped for time.
Between work life, home life, community happenings, social life, etc – sometimes fitting in a workout can feel like “one more thing”.
Here’s the thing – workouts don’t have to be super long and require a huge chunk of time out of your day to be effective.
In fact, they don’t even require any equipment to yield amazing results and help you in your fitness progression.
Today’s workout is actually one of my favorites. I’ve got 6 of the best bodyweight exercises you can do at home with zero equipment required.
You should be able to knock this one out in 30 minutes or less, so it’s convenient to get in, get it done, and get on with your day.
Try it out and let me know what you think of it.
Here are some other quick workouts to make sure you fit in exercise in your busy schedule:
Get in some intense cardio with 10 Minute At Home HIIT Workout.
Check out the 20 Minute Fat-Blast Cardio Workout.
Don’t forget the abs with a 10 Minute Shredded Ab Routine.
First thing’s first – we need to get the blood flowing.
Take a few laps up and down the stairs; some high-knees marching in place and some arm circles are also good.
If you’ve got about 3 minutes I have a really great warm up YouTube video for this exact purpose. It includes simple exercises that are going to get blood flowing to all your major muscle groups and prep them for the moves we’ll be doing in this workout.
Push play on the video below for the warm up; otherwise scroll down a little further for the 30-minute Indoor Cardio burner.
We’re going to be doing alternating sets of jumping jacks and cardio/strength moves in a “countdown” format.
You’ll perform each exercise according to the numbers I have indicated below; we’re starting high and finishing low on this one.
It may look simple on the surface, but I promise you’re going to be feeling this one. Give it a try.
Grab your towel and water bottle and hit play on the video below.
You can also keep scrolling for descriptions and pictures of each of the exercises.
Here’s a graphic representation of the sets and reps of the exercises performed in this video with descriptions below.
- Start with your feet together and your arms relaxed.
- Jump and separate your feet while bringing your arms up overhead.
- Jump again and return your feet and arms to the starting position.
- Lay down on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Engage your core and lift shoulder blades off the floor while stretching your hands toward your knees.
- Lower back down and repeat.
- Stand with legs hip-width distance apart. Keep hands in front of you or on your hips.
- With chest and head up, bend at the hips and knees to lower down as if sitting. Keep your knees just over your toes.
- Lower until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Straighten and stand up.
- Step forward on one leg and drop your weight straight down toward the floor, keeping your knee just above the toe.
- Leap and alternate legs quickly in a jumping motion.
- Come to the ground in push up position- place palms and toes on the floor, with arms straight.
- Keep back neutral and flat.
- Drop chest until it comes close to touching the ground.
- Raise back up into starting position.
- Start in a standing position
- Quickly drop down and touch the floor with your hands just beside your feet.
- Jump your feet straight back behind you.
- (Optional – do a push up at this point)
- Jump your feet back up towards your hands, return to the starting position, and jump 6 inches off the floor with hands raised high.