Seasoned Ranch Chicken mixed with rice, peppers, and onions makes the perfect one-pan meal your family will love! It’s easy, delicious, and filled with veggies and chicken for a healthy dinner.
Ranch Chicken Skillet
Keep reading for the recipe and cooking instructions.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
Is there anything better than a dinner that comes together in one big dish? I think not!
Introducing…. a healthy dinner your whole family will love that comes together in just one big pan. Seasoned ranch chicken, peppers, onion, and rice make this dish a favorite
This dinner was a hit with the whole family – you will love it! Grab a big skillet pan and let’s get cookin’!
HOW DO I LOSE STOMACH FAT?
Introducing my all-new Mommy Tummy Fix program!
Moms ask me all the time how they tighten their tummies after having a baby to get rid of their “mommy pooch”. It requires more than just crunches and planks.
- Six phases of workouts to ensure your continued progression
- Large color photos and clear instruction regarding performance, sets, and reps of each exercise to ensure proper performance
- The exact same workout plan my wife used for her amazing results
What is the Best Ranch?
Hidden Valley Ranch is the type I chose for this recipe. You can taste-test a few different brands to see which one you like. Some other popular brands are Wish Bone, Simply Balanced, or the Trader Joe’s organic ranch.
When I buy ranch dressing, I like to look at the nutritional facts label to choose a brand that has a few simple ingredients, contains less than 250 milligrams of sodium, and less than 3 grams of sugar per serving (2 tablespoons). It’s best to look for a brand without high fructose corn syrup.
While it may seem like a good idea to choose a “fat-free” label, ranch dressing with some fat is okay. The fat in salad dressing helps your body absorb the fat-soluble vitamins better (vitamins A, D, E, and K). You don’t need to use a lot of dressing to get the benefits.
You can also choose a ‘light’ or ‘lite’ ranch dressing, which means it is lower in fat than the regular version.
Homemade ranch is also an option using sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, lemon, and seasonings. Or even try a ranch seasoning packet and mix it together before you use it with veggies or in a skillet dish.
Is Ranch Good For You?
Ranch dressing can be part of a balanced diet, when eaten in correct portions.
Ranch is made with ingredients that are high in fat, and often high in sodium and sugar. One serving of ranch (2 tablespoons) contains around 140-200 calories, depending on the brand. If you like to use a lot of ranch on your food, those calories can add up quickly and before you realize it, you’ve added a few hundred calories to your meal with just a few scoops of ranch.
All you need to do is enjoy ranch in moderation and choose a healthier brand. However, choosing “fat-free” ranch isn’t necessarily the best choice because if you aren’t eating fat with your veggies then your body won’t absorb the fat-soluble vitamins. Choose a “light” or regular version, and watch your serving size.
Ranch isn’t necessarily the healthiest dressing, but it is still a great way to flavor vegetables and other foods, and a little goes a long way! The bottom line is, if salad dressing helps you to eat more vegetables, then go for it! Just be mindful of your portions.
Ranch is a great way to flavor vegetables and chicken! Try this ranch chicken skillet, the whole recipe of 6 servings only has 4 tablespoons of ranch. It’s a great way to enjoy ranch in healthy moderation!
Ingredients in Ranch Chicken Skillet
- brown rice
- chicken breasts (could also use tenders or thighs)
- red, green, and yellow bell peppers
- ranch dressing (I used Hidden Valley Ranch Light dressing)
My kids LOVED the flavor of this dish and devoured it.
If you want, you could serve this as filling for burritos or tacos and wrap it up in a tortilla. It is delicious either way.
Plus More Amazing and Easy Skillet Recipes to Try:
- Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Broccoli Cheesy Shells Skillet
- Ground Turkey Taco Skillet
- 1½ cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Add chicken to skillet and cook 1 minute per side.
- Add peppers and onions; continue to cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked rice and salsa to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add ranch dressing; stir until well combined (use more ranch dressing if needed).
- Stir in lime juice, then top with cilantro or parsley and cheese.
- Serve with tortillas if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from Diethood
Have you checked out my YouTube Channel?
Here I am sharing my 3 favorite Healthy Side Dishes to make in your Instant Pot!
Looking for other healthy recipes? Try these!