Looking for a delicious dessert that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating? This cake is a winner in my family! It’s delicious and chocolatey . . . . what more do you need?!
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, then beat in the brown sugar and honey until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Fold in ½ cup of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to determine if the cake is done.
Recipe slightly adapted from Super Healthy Kids
Looking for more healthy recipes?
Check out these: