Sweetened with honey and banana (no refined sugar) and made with whole wheat flour, these Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins will become your healthy go-to breakfast or snack.
Looking for the perfect after-school snack or on-the-go breakfast? Then these Honey Banana Muffins made with whole wheat flour are the muffins for you! Make a batch and throw them in the freezer for busy mornings.
My kids love these muffins because they taste amazing and I love them because they are made with healthy ingredients.
This is a fool-proof recipe that you will make over and over because they turn out perfect and delicious every time. These muffins are so light, fluffy and moist, no one will know that they are healthy.
So grab those overripe bananas you have sitting on your counter and let’s get started.
WHAT MAKES THESE MUFFINS HEALTHY?
These muffins are made with white whole wheat flour instead of bleached flour, honey instead of sugar, and Greek yogurt and applesauce instead of oil.
By making these simple substitutions, you are cutting back on calories, fat, and sugar . . . but not sacrificing flavor! They are still so delicious that no one will notice the difference.
WHY WHITE WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR?
White whole wheat flour is not a mixture of bleached white flour and whole wheat flour.
White whole wheat flour is made by grinding a soft white wheat (usually whole wheat flour comes from red wheat).
Both whole wheat flours have great health benefits, but whole wheat white flour has a lighter taste and texture, which is perfect for these muffins.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES!
If you are looking for more healthy recipes laid out in a daily 2 Week Plan, you need to check out my 14-Day 1500 Calorie Healthy Eating Weight Loss Plan!
- Assembled by a registered dietician
- Breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner recipes for 14 days
- Each day’s total calories perfectly calculated to 1500 calories
- Each day has balanced macros (carbs, fats, and protein) to help you lose weight fast
- Click here to learn more!
MIX-INS YOU COULD ADD TO THESE MUFFINS:
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter (melt it first, then swirl it into the batter)
OTHER HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES
We love healthy muffins! Be sure to try some of these:
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
- Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- Peach Blueberry Muffins
- 1⅓ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt); set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, lightly whisk the egg then add mashed bananas, applesauce, honey, vanilla and yogurt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined (be sure to not over mix!).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool, serve and enjoy!
- You can also freeze these muffins in an air-tight container for up to 30 days.
Recipe source: Eat Yourself Skinny