During the fall and winter months, I love using fresh cranberries in my baking and this recipe is perfect for them! Cranberry and orange are the perfect combo in these muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (frozen would work as well, just make sure that they are thawed first)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in cranberries.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, orange juice, applesauce, honey, and grated orange zest. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and spoon muffin mixture into each tin until ¾ full. Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Joyful Healthy Eats
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.