Need a quick breakfast or on-the-go snack? I love to whip up a batch of these and then stick leftovers in the freezer for busy mornings when I need a healthy breakfast. These muffins are made in your blender, which makes the mixing part so easy. However, I do recommend a high-powered blender to make sure that the batter is as smooth as possible. This is the blender that I recommend – if you are making smoothies, you will LOVE this blender.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying tin with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Items needed for recipe:
Recipe source: Running With Spoons
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.