Is there anything better than a dinner that comes together in one big pan? I think not!
This dinner was a hit with the whole family – you will love it! Grab a big skillet pan and let’s get cookin’!
If you are looking for more family-friendly healthy dinners, be sure to check out my 14-Day Menu Plan for Busy Moms!
- 1½ cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Add chicken to skillet and cook 1 minute per side.
- Add peppers and onions; continue to cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked rice and salsa to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add ranch dressing; stir until well combined (use more ranch dressing if needed).
- Stir in lime juice, then top with cilantro or parsley and cheese.
- Serve with tortillas if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from Diethood