Just a couple of ingredients make an easy, healthy meal in your slow cooker! All you need is some chicken, veggies, and rice, combined with this delicious homemade teriyaki sauce for an amazing meal. Just turn on your slow cooker and come back to this mouth-watering chicken and vegetable bowl!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetable Bowl
Get the recipe below.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard . . . in fact, it doesn’t get any easier than this recipe!
Just dump it in your crock pot and let it do the cooking for you. This recipe is the perfect mix of mouth-watering teriyaki flavor with a healthy mix of vegetables, chicken, and rice.
It’s a great post-workout meal, busy weeknight dinner, or even meal prep for tasty leftovers.
I love slow cooker meals because with a little bit of prep-work ahead of time, you’ll have an amazing dinner ready for you when you get home after a busy day on the go.
Yes, teriyaki chicken has carbs. The delicious taste of teriyaki sauce comes from sugar and soy sauce, meaning it is not a low-carb food.
If you are watching your carbs, there are 15 grams of carbohydrates in 1/3 cup of cooked rice. There are no carbs in chicken, so you’ll find most of the carbs come from the teriyaki sauce.
A serving of this teriyaki chicken recipe has about 43.8 grams of carbohydrates, depending on the veggies and amount of rice you use.
Teriyaki chicken isn’t normally considered low-carb and keto-diet friendly because of the carbs from soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, and other ingredients.
Look for keto-friendly versions of the recipe. You can use coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar instead of soy sauce, plus keto-friendly low carb vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, or even cauliflower rice.
Just because this recipe is not low-carb, does not mean it isn’t healthy.
Your body needs carbs, and while some of the carbs in this recipe do come from sugar and white rice, the other types of carbohydrates are beneficial to your health and provide key nutrients your body needs.
Many carbohydrates such as fruit, vegetables, dairy, and whole grains, are part of a healthy eating plan and help regulate your blood sugar and reduce you risk of cancers and chronic diseases.
Use a small amount of rice (or switch to cauliflower rice), lots of chicken, low-carb vegetables, and half the sauce amount for this recipe if you are on a low-carb eating plan.
- string beans
- steamed carrots and cauliflower
- baked sweet potato
- roasted asparagus
- even a fruit salad or fresh berries.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Try some of these:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 recipe of Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (see recipe below or use your favorite bottle of teriyaki sauce)
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken inside of slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together all teriyaki sauce ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables and let them cook.
- When time is up, remove chicken breasts from crock pot and shred using two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and mix with sauce and vegetables.
- Serve over brown rice.
HOW DO I LOSE STOMACH FAT?
Introducing my all-new Mommy Tummy Fix program!
Moms ask me all the time how they tighten their tummies after having a baby to get rid of their “mommy pooch”. It requires more than just crunches and planks.
- Six phases of workouts to ensure your continued progression
- Large color photos and clear instruction regarding performance, sets, and reps of each exercise to ensure proper performance
- The exact same workout plan my wife used for her amazing results