Need dinner in a hurry? This recipe comes together in about 20 minutes! Loaded with vegetables and protein, this recipe is a keeper.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to keep your eating on track, be sure to check out my 1500 Calorie 14-Day Healthy Eating Plan!
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1½ heads of broccoli)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1½ Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1½ Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set bowl aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and carrots and cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Add the sauce to the skillet and mix until all shrimp and vegetables are covered. Cook for 1-2 more minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and green onions.
Looking for more healthy recipes?