One of my favorite ways to get more vegetables in my life is to whip up a bowl of guacamole. This recipe couldn’t be more simple (only 5 ingredients!) and you can dip fresh vegetables or chips in it.
Healthy 5 Ingredient Guacamole
Recipe type: Side Dish
Only 5 ingredients are needed to throw this healthy side dish together. Dip vegetables or whole wheat crackers in it for a healthy snack.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilanto
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash avocados with a fork. Mix in onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with vegetables, chips, or crackers.
Looking for other healthy dishes? Check out these recipes:
100% Whole Wheat Banana Bread