My kids love Mexican food, so I have tried to find as ways to make it a little more healthy. This recipe is one that my kids love and I love that it’s loaded with lean proteins and fiber!
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mashed beans, remaining can of beans, half of the enchilada sauce and ½ cup cheese; heat through.
- Place ⅔ cupfuls of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13" baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe source: Taste of Home
Make it happen,