Seasoned spicy chicken roasted on a sheet pan with sweet potatoes and broccoli (or any vegetables you prefer). Feed your entire family or divide it into containers and have it as healthy meal prep for the entire week!
This is such an easy recipe that you can throw together on a busy night or make at the beginning of the week for meal prep!
Trying to eat healthier or lose weight? Meal prepping is here to help!
Why meal prep?
Meal prep can help with:
- portion control
- wondering what to eat for lunch or dinner
- healthy meals that are ready when you are
- avoiding the drive-thru at a fast food place
- and all of these things lead to weight loss!
What is meal prepping anyway?
Meal prep just means that you are prepping your meals once or twice a week in a large batch. It’s really convenient because you only cook once but have enough meals to last you for 4-5 days.
I love having healthy meals ready for me in the fridge- I just pull it out of the fridge and heat it up. It’s perfect for days when I am at home or even at work.
Meal prepping really does make eating healthy so easy!
I usually take some time on Sunday nights to meal prep for the upcoming week.
Meal prepping also saves you money because you are not eating out and it’s cheaper to buy items in bulk like you need for meal prepping.
What are the best meal prep containers?
I like using these reusable microwave-safe containers – they come in different sizes:
You can also purchase glass meal prep containers, which are really nice too. Whatever you prefer will work perfectly.
How long do meal prep bowls last in the fridge?
I have found that for myself, I prefer to eat my meal prep bowls within 3-4 days. When they get much older than that, they start to lose their fresh taste.
Meal prep bowls that are made with seafood will only last 2-3 days.
If you are making salads as meal prep, you will want to make sure that you don’t mix the dressing in until right before you eat (otherwise the salad will be soggy).
Wanting to eat healthier?
If you are looking for more healthy recipes laid out in a daily 2 Week Plan, you need to check out my 14-Day 1500 Calorie Healthy Eating Weight Loss Plan!
- Assembled by a registered dietician
- Breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner recipes for 14 days
- Each day’s total calories perfectly calculated to 1500 calories
- Each day has balanced macros (carbs, fats, and protein) to help you lose weight fast
- Click here to learn more!
Looking for more recipes to meal prep? Try these:
- 5 Star Black Bean Chili
- Grilled Chicken Protein Bowls
- Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Bake
- Low-Carb Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a gallon-sized resealable bag, add chicken, seasoning, and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Seal bag and toss until chicken is coated with oil and seasonings. Set in the fridge for 30 mintues to let the flavor marinate the chicken.
- While the chicken marinates, peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and remove chicken from fridge.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken and asparagus on one baking pan in a single layer (if you overlap the vegetables, it will steam them instead of roast them . . . they just taste so much better roasted!).
- Arrange sweet potatoes on the remaining sheet pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Lightly toss so that all the vegetables have olive oil and seasonings on them.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove the chicken and asparagus (once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees), but continue to roast the sweet potatoes for another 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or divided among 6 meal prep containers and enjoy all week long.
Nutrition facts for this recipe:
Have you checked out my YouTube channel?
Watch how I make 3 healthy side dishes in my Instant Pot!