Love mashed potatoes, but still trying to watch your carbs? Try this healthier version that uses cauliflower!
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to keep your eating on track, be sure to check out my 1500 Calorie 14-Day Healthy Eating Plan!
- 1 ½ heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ Tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring about ¼” inch of water to a boil in a large frying pan.
- Add trimmed and cleaned cauliflower florets. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is completely soft and cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
Looking for more healthy recipes?