There is a delicious Tex-Mex restaurant here in Utah (and I think in some Western states) that has the most amazing black beans, so when I came across a copycat version of the recipe I knew I had to make it. These make the perfect side dish or even a delicious lunch!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, undrained
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how much of a kick you want to add)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon lime juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add in black beans, cumin, and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil; let simmer for about 15 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Stir in lime juice, fresh cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for some healthy Mexican dishes to serve with it?