FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan“! 7 amazing workouts and 7 delicious, healthy recipes delivered daily right to your inbox! Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
CLICK HERE to get it!
My son dubbed this “Taco Explosion” . . . which is basically what it is! Loaded with vegetables and ground turkey, this is an amazing dinner that even your picky eater’s will love!
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out my 30 Day Healthy Menu Plan –
it’s loaded with over 100 healthy recipes just like this taco skillet!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet taco seasoning mix (or homemade taco seasoning)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, undrained
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilis
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or taco cheese blend
- 2 cup(s) shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook ground turkey and onion in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring to break up meat, 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 12 to 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Add green chilis. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- On plates, top rice mixture with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
Items needed for this recipe:
Looking for other healthy recipes? Check out these:
Baked Panko Chicken Parmesan