If you don’t own a slow cooker yet, now is the time to grab one!
This one is my favorite:
This recipe couldn’t be easier . . . throw everything in, mix it up, and let it cook all day. Dinner will be ready when you walk through the door that afternoon!
If you are looking for more delicious healthy recipes that your family will love, be sure to check out our 30 Days of Healthy Eating Menu Plan! I mapped out breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas for an entire month (that’s over 100 family-friendly recipes) that are healthy, delicious, and picky-eater approved.
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or 1 packet taco seasoning)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- favorite toppings (cheese, avocado, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, etc)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well, making sure that the chicken breasts are covered. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks, then mix well.
- Scoop into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste