This zucchini bread has quickly became one of my favorite ways to use up all that zucchini from the garden! The little hint of lemon is amazing and delicious.
If you are looking for a way to eat a little healthier, be sure to check out my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Plan. I outline healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinner, and even snacks! Check it out HERE.
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup agave nectar, or more to taste (could also use honey)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease 3 mini-loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- Beat zucchini, agave nectar, egg, coconut oil, applesauce, lemon juice, and lemon zest together with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Whisk flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together in a bowl; mix into zucchini mixture until batter is just combined. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes for mini-loaf pans and 50-60 minutes for large loaf pan. Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe source: AllRecipes
Looking for more healthy recipes?
Check out these: