Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard . . . in fact, it doesn’t get any easier than this recipe! Just dump it in your crock pot and let it do the cooking for you!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetable Bowl
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 4 servings
With just a couple of ingredients, dinner is done in a matter of minutes!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 recipe of Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (see recipe below or use your favorite bottle of teriyaki sauce)
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
- 1⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken inside of slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together all teriyaki sauce ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables and let them cook.
- When time is up, remove chicken breasts from crock pot and shred using two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and mix with sauce and vegetables.
- Serve over brown rice.
Looking for more healthy recipes?