Weekly highlights, new giveaways, and BONUS workouts!
Subscribe to our email list by using the red box at the top of this page.
Because tank top arms are always in style!
Looking to tone and sculpt your arms but don’t have a lot of time to do so? Grab some dumbbells and let’s go to work! Shoulder workouts are some of my favorites – they don’t require a lot of fancy equipment or complicated moves to get a great burn going. Case in point – today’s workout! Featuring 5 of my favorite shoulder exercises with dumbbells to add strength that can’t be denied and definition that begs to be noticed. Here we go!
While this post is sponsored by Champion, the views and opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Champion makes phenomenal workout gear at unbeatable prices – a perfect gift option for that man or woman of fitness in your life!
Click this link to see more.
This is going to be a 20-minute workout including a 2-minute warm up and 18-minute shoulder circuit. The exercises will be performed sequentially (one right after the other) according to the times listed below. You will then repeat the circuit 3 times. Ready for this one? Let’s do it!
30 seconds each of marching in place, arm circles, jogging in place, and jumping jacks
1. Squat with Horizontal Press (40 seconds on, 20 seconds off)
Stand with the dumbbells at your shoulders. Go down into a squat and hold that position while pushing the dumbbells straight out in front of you. Return the weights to your shoulder and then perform a thruster by coming up out of the squat and pushing the weights over your head.
2. Upright row with Isometric Hold (40 seconds on, 20 seconds off)
Hold the dumbbells out in front of you. “Row” the dumbbells up to you chest, hold them there for 5 seconds, and then slowly return them to your starting position.
3. Abduction – Flexion (40 seconds on, 20 seconds off)
Stand with the dumbbells to your sides. Keep your stomach tight and arms straight as you lift the weights out to your sides to shoulder level (like a “T”). Hold the weights at shoulder level and bring them together in front of you. Slowly return to the starting position.
4. Flexion – Abduction (40 seconds on, 20 seconds off)
Just like #3 in reverse! Stand holding the weights in front of you. With your elbows slightly bent, pull the weights up in front of you to shoulder height. Now pull the weights apart until they get into the “T” position. Slowly return to the starting position.
5. Rear Shoulder Flies (40 seconds on, 20 seconds off)
Hold the dumbbells in front of you and bend forward at your hips. Keep your back straight, your stomach tight, and only a slight bend in your elbows as you pull the weights behind you. Slowly return to the starting position.
6. Rest – 60 seconds
Just because I like you.
Repeat this series 3 times for a killer at-home shoulder day!
Be sure to check them out on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
– Powerflex shorts ($27): http://www.hanes.com/champion/mens-workout/shop-by-sport/training/champion-powerflex-mens-shorts-c89454 ($27)
– Men’s Basketball Crew Socks (2-pack – $17) – http://www.hanes.com/champion/mens-workout/essentials/mens-socks/champion-mens-basketball-crew-socks-ch120
– Sleeveless Powerflex Muscle Tee ($40) http://www.hanes.com/champion/mens-workout/tops/tanks—sleeveless/champion-mens-powerflex-muscle-tee-ct8730?cm_vc=champion_desktop_OnsiteSearch&cmFV=category|gender
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Champion. The opinions and text are all mine.