If you fail to plan, you plan to fail . . .
And that totally applies to healthy eating.
One of the things that I recommend the most when it comes to eating healthier is planning your meals ahead of time – and even prepping them if you can.
Make a batch of these freezer burritos and then pull them out as needed for a healthy on-the-go lunch or dinner!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning (or 2-3 tablespoons of Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- Aluminum foil
- Resealable gallon-sized freezer bag
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic – saute for about 5 minutes until soft. Add beef and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken. Remove skillet from stove top and let meat cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the meat among the 8 tortillas and top each tortilla with a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Roll up each tortilla in a burrito and then wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Place wrapped burritos inside resealable gallon-sized bag. Label the bag and place in the freezer.
- These burritos will last 30-45 days in the freezer.
- To eat, remove burrito from freezer, remove aluminum foil, and place in the microwave for 60-90 seconds or until the burrito is completely heated through.
Items needed for recipe:
Looking for other healthy recipes?
Check out these:
Ground Turkey Taco Skillet
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.