Six of the best arm exercises you can do with free weights for building strength and definition. Try out this dumbbell arm workout to tone and tighten every major muscle group in your arms- your shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Get started today to define the arms you’ve always wanted, just grab your dumbbells and let’s go to work.
The Best Dumbbell Exercises For Arm Definition
- Bent Over Row with Triceps Kickback
- Curl and Press
- Lateral Dumbbell Raises
- Upright Rows
- Biceps Curls
- Overhead Triceps Extension
Keep reading for a step-by-step guide of the workout with pictures, videos, and descriptions of each of these exercises.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
Think you need a lot of equipment or even a gym membership to increase arm definition? Think again.
There are a TON of great exercises to tone and sculpt your arms and all you need is a pair of dumbbells.
Today I’m sharing six of my favorite exercises you can do with free weights that are going to work every major muscle group in your arms – biceps, triceps, and shoulders. So grab your dumbbells and let’s go to work.
Calling all mamas!
Introducing my all-new Mommy Tummy Fix program!
- Six phases of workouts to ensure your continued progression
- Large color photos and clear instruction regarding performance, sets, and reps of each exercise to ensure proper performance
- The exact same workout plan my wife used for her amazing results
WHAT ARE THE BEST FREE WEIGHTS?
Free weights are probably my favorite piece of gym equipment.
There’s so much you can do with them and, given the right resistance, they’re the perfect tool to add strength and definition to every area of your body.
Don’t have free weights? Check out THIS LINK (Amazon) to see the exact set I’m using in this video. They’re amazing – I’ve got up to 95 pounds I can load on each side in 5 pound increments. There are many lighter options available. You won’t be disappointed with them.
WHAT EXERCISES SHOULD I DO FOR ARM DEFINITION?
If your goal is to tone and define the muscles in your arms, you have come to the right place. Below are 6 of the best arm exercises for that definition you desire.
With these exercises, you’ll work your biceps, triceps, and shoulders. This workout includes variations of curls, rows, and more. Follow along with the video for step-by-step instructions and you’ll be on your way to better arms.
And now on to the workout. Grab your dumbbells and hit play below. Or keep scrolling for step by step instructions of the exercises.
Bent Over Row with Triceps Kickback
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides, palms facing you.
- Bend your knees ever so slightly. Bend at the waist and fold your torso forward, keeping your back straight until it is just above parallel with the floor.
- Bend your elbows and pull the dumbbells up toward you until they almost touch your sides.
- Now bring your dumbbells back in an arc until your arms are straight.
- Slowly bring back up and back to starting position.
Curl and Press
- Stand straight and hold your dumbbells at your side with palms facing forward.
- Slowly curl the dumbbells up towards your chest.
- Next, rotate your palms to face out as you press up the weight over your head until your arms are straight.
- Slowly rotate your arms back in as you lower the dumbbells and bring them back to starting.
Lateral Dumbbell Raises
- Stand upright holding your dumbbells at your sides with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Keep your back straight and your core tight as you lift your dumbbells straight out to your sides up to shoulder height, be sure to keep your palms facing down.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Stand upright with your dumbbells in front of you in each hand at waist-height, palms facing you.
- Keep your core tight and pull your dumbbells from in front of you up to chin/chest height. Keep the weights close to you.
- Your elbows should bend and raise out to your sides as the weights come up to shoulder height.
- Pause 2 seconds at the top, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Stand up straight while holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keeping your elbows close to your torso and upper arms stationary, slowly bend at the elbow and curl the dumbbells up to shoulder height. Through the motion, rotate the palms of your hands to face forward.
- Slowly lower the weight back to starting position.
Overhead Triceps Extension
- Stand and hold one dumbbell with both hands. Extend your arms and bring the dumbbell over your head.
- Keep your upper arms stationary and close to your head with elbows in, and lower the dumbbell behind your head.
- Focus on your triceps to raise and lower the dumbbell behind your head.
There you have it! Use these exercises for a great arm-toning workout with dumbbells.
Looking for more awesome workouts with dumbbells?
I have over 400 home workouts on my website! Here are some of the most popular:
- 10 of the BEST Free Zumba Workouts to do at home
- 20 of the Best Exercises for Inner Thigh Gap
- 6 Best Exercises for Arm Definition at Home
- 10 of the BEST Free Dance Video Workouts
Are you following me on my YouTube channel?
I share new videos each week that will help you heal your pain right at home!
As a physical therapist, I love to help people feel better and share all my physical therapy exercises and strengthening tips and tricks on my channel.
Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/toneandtighten
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE TO TONE AND TIGHTEN ON YOUTUBE so you never miss a new workout video.
Check out Tone and Tighten’s newest eBook…
“The 30 Day Healthy Menu Plan”
Real recipes for real people – CLICK HERE to learn more.
Make it happen,