be sure to check out my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Menu Plan.
Each day includes a different healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
Check it out HERE.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons Low-fat cream cheese
- 1½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 4-6 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 16 ounces whole-wheat Fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest until garlic is tender (about 1 minute). Add in the flour and stir in with a whisk until incorporated (about another minute). Whisk in the milk and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, whisking continuously, until slightly thickened (about 3 minutes). Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese and keep whisking until melted (about another 1-2 minutes). Stir in the chopped parsley.
- While cooking the sauce, cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. Basically boil a big pot of water and add the noodles.
- Lightly dust all sides of the chicken breasts with the garlic powder, onion salt, and chopped parsley. Grill over medium heat, turning every 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly (approximately 10 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breast)
- To serve, cut grilled chicken into strips. Plate the noodles, add the sauce, and place grilled chicken strips on top!
Make it happen,
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
By Jared Beckstrand