Even people who don’t like Brussels Sprouts will be converted with this recipe! Top with some Parmesan cheese to take this side dish over the top.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to keep your eating on track (even during the holidays), be sure to check out my 1500 Calorie 14-Day Healthy Eating Plan!
- 30 Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic and discard.
- Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Allow the cut side of the sprouts to get nice and browned. This will give it a nutty, buttery flavor that is enhanced by garlic.
- If desired, top with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.