Soup in the summer?! Heck yes!!
This soup is loaded with vegetables, but also loaded with flavor. Make a batch in your slow cooker and then eat healthy lunches all week long . . . this recipe makes it so easy!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Menu Plan – be sure to check it out if you are looking ways to eat healthier!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons taco seasoning, reduced sodium
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place onion, chili beans, black beans, chopped carrot, zucchini, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by other ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken and stir back into soup. Continue cooking on low heat for 2 hours. Serve with fresh cilantro (and, if you choose, top with light sour cream or Greek yogurt).
Nutrition facts for this recipe:
Recipe slightly adapted from AllRecipes
Looking for more healthy recipes?