I am always looking for good ground turkey recipes and this is one of my go-to recipes. Serve it over whole wheat pasta for a quick and delicious meal!
If you are looking for more delicious recipes, be sure to check out my Weekly Healthy Menu Plan, where I email you a dinner plan each week with dishes just like this!
- 1¼ pounds lean ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- For the marinara sauce:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounces each) cans crushed tomatoes
- ½ small onion,
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- To make the sauce:
- In a medium size pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn. Add crushed tomatoes, onion, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer on low 5-10 minutes.
- To make the meatballs:
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using wet hands, mix all the ingredients well until everything is combined. Roll into small meatballs (about ⅛th cup per meatball), making about 24 meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and serve over cooked angel hair pasta.
Recipe slightly adapted from Skinny Taste
Looking for more healthy recipes?