One of my favorite ways to get more vegetables in my diet: pico de gallo. Tons of fresh vegetables, chopped up and thrown together with a couple of spices and a squirt of lime juice . . . it’s basically heaven on earth!
I love to whip up some scrambled egg whites and top it off with this fresh pico for an awesome breakfast or lunch. It is also delicious on grilled chicken or fish!
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ medium green pepper, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours to let the flavors meld together (I have found that it's even better if you let it sit overnight).
- Use as a topping for eggs, chicken, fish, or as a dip for chips.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out these ones:
Grilled Greek Chicken
Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Healthy Pineapple Whips – only 3 ingredients!
Check out my new 8 Week Beginners Workout Guide!
A complete at-home plan to help you reach your fitness goals!
Click here for all the details.