Eating healthy doesn’t have to be rocket science . . . in fact, chances are that you will eat healthier if you keep it simple.
One of my favorite lunches and/or dinners is to make a pita pizza. I pick up pita bread from the grocery store (whole wheat if they have it), add sauce (either marinara or alfredo sauce) and then load it with vegetables. There are a million variations, but this Mushroom Spinach Alfredo combo is my favorite!
Do you have a favorite healthy pizza recipe? I would love to have you share it in the comments below!
- 1 (8" inch) pita bread
- 2 tablespoons alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach
- garlic salt to taste
- fresh Parmesan cheese as garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Saute olive oil and mushrooms in a small saucepan over medium-high heat (takes about 5 minutes). Remove mushrooms from heat and set aside.
- Place pita on a small cookie sheet or baking pan. Spread sauce around pita, then top with mozzarella cheese, sauteed mushrooms, spinach, garlic salt, and fresh parmesan cheese (if desired).
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Looking for more healthy recipes?
Try these ones:
Make it happen,
By Jared Beckstrand