One of my kids’ favorite meals is chicken nuggets, but let’s be honest . . . the ingredients that are in those frozen chicken nuggets are anything but chicken. These nuggets are so easy to throw together and both kids and adults will love them!
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 chicken breasts), cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray (like Pam or other non-stick cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet (I used a 15x10x1" cookie sheet) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour olive oil into a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together bread crumbs, panko, and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken, then place all the chicken pieces in the olive oil. Mix around until they are all coated with olive oil.
- Place the chicken into the bread crumb mixture (I did about 10 pieces at a time) and mix around until they are completely coated with bread crumbs. Place chicken on baking sheet and repeat until you are coated all the chicken.
- Lightly spray the chicken pieces with non stick cooking spray and place baking sheet in the oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes, then turn all the pieces over and cook for 8 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste
Some of my favorite workouts are now on sale!