Have you ever tried a lettuce wrap? By using lettuce to wrap up your taco, you are saving yourself a lot of calories and carbs – and suddenly these tacos turn into a big protein meal that loaded with vegetables!
Need some more healthy meal ideas? I put together a whole month’s plan for you – breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks for 30 days! Be sure to check it out here:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Boston or butter lettuce leaves (or any big leaf lettuce works)
- toppings: tomatoes, shredded cheese, avocados, onions, peppers, etc
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey and onion until turkey is no longer pink. Drain, then add in beans, taco seasoning, and salsa. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Top each lettuce leaf with a scoop of ground turkey mixture and add desired toppings.