Need a quick and easy side dish? This goes perfectly with grilled chicken or fish!
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to keep your eating on track, be sure to check out my 1500 Calorie 14-Day Healthy Eating Plan!
- 1½ cups uncooked long grain rice
- 6 green onions with top, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ teaspoon each dried thyme, basil, parsley flakes, and black pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Salt to taste, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the seasonings; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Looking for more healthy recipes?