Baked Tex-Mex Black Bean Taquitos
Recipe type: Main Dish
Make a big batch of these and then enjoy the leftovers as healthy lunches all week long!
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons bottle salsa
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or pepper jack is good too!)
- 8-10 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ¾ of the beans in a food processor or blender with the salsa, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Blend until mostly smooth. Move the mixture to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients (except for the tortillas), including the rest of the beans. Mix all together.
- Place about ¼ cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortilla on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. When all the tortillas have been rolled up, spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray and top with a little bit of salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Recipe source: Our Best Bites Cookbook