Looking for an on-the-go healthy breakfast, this is the recipe for you!
I like to make a big batch of these and then freeze them for later in the week when I need a quick breakfast. Just throw them in the microwave until they are heated all the way through and you are good to go!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup over-ripe mashed banana, measured after mashing (about 2 medium bananas)
- dash of salt
- 1½ teaspoons honey (or agave)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F and line 12 cupcake tins with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and stir together mashed bananas, honey, peanut butter, water, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add in oats and salt. Pour into the cupcake liners and bake 20-22 minutes.
- Let them cool completely (if you let them cool overnight, they'll no longer stick to the liners).
- These oatmeal cups can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen by placing them in a resealable freezer bag. When ready to eat, place oatmeal cup in the microwave and cook for 30-40 seconds or until heated through.
Items needed for this recipe:
Make it happen,