Blast those thighs into shape with these 7 moves. A killer leg workout you can do at home designed specifically to tone and tighten all parts of your thighs. Sculpt the legs you’ve always wanted with these exercises, no equipment required.
At Home Workout for Thinner Thighs – Thigh Blaster Workout
- Squat Jumps
- Side Plank with Leg Lift
- Single-Leg Bridges
- Speed Skaters
- Spiderman Plank
- Single-Leg Deadlift
- Wall Sit
Keep reading for a step-by-step guide of the workout with pictures, videos, and descriptions of each of these exercises.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
One common question that I get asked by readers here on T&T is “how can I make my thighs thinner?”
My response is usually something like “while it is impossible to ‘spot treat’ and lose weight just around your thighs, there are certain exercises and workouts that will help you target these areas and strengthen them.”
And that’s exactly what I wanted to share with you today! This is a grueling at-home workout you can do to shape, tone, and yes – even slenderize – those thighs.
Hope you enjoy. Get the workout below.
Ready for the workout? This thigh workout includes 6 exercises with 10 reps on each leg, then you’ll end with a wall sit. Repeat it all 3 times for an amazing thigh-burning workout.
RUN. Honestly if you want thinner thighs and do nothing else… RUN. This is a great way to get in some cardio (essential for burning up calories), strength (those legs will burn if you push yourself hard enough), and endurance (try to push yourself to at least 5 consecutive minutes).
Warm this one up with a 10-minute jog (bonus for including hills!)
Squat Jumps – 10 reps
- Start down in a squat with feet hip-width distance apart, knees just above toes, and thighs parallel with the floor.
- Power out of the squat by jumping high into the air, raising arms above head.
- Land back into a squat.
Side Plank with Leg Lift – 10 reps (each side)
- Lay down on one side.
- Lift up with only your elbow and foot touching the ground, creating a straight line through your body.
- To do the leg lift, lift your top foot up towards the ceiling, keeping your knee straight.
- Return your leg slowly back to starting.
Single-Leg Bridges – 10 reps (each side)
- Lay on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Straighten one leg.
- Come into the bridge, lifting up with your hips, creating a straight line in your body.
- Lower back to the floor.
Speed Skaters – 10 reps (each side)
- Bend your knees and slightly lean forward and then take a big step and leap to the right side. As you go, bring your left leg behind you and go down into a lunge.
- Then switch sides and move to the left, bringing your right leg behind you into a lunge.
- Continue alternating sides and building up speed.
Spiderman Plank – 10 reps (each side)
- Start out in plank position with forearms and toes on the ground.
- Bend one knee and bring it up toward your elbow.
- Repeat the motion on the other side and continue switching legs.
Single-Leg Deadlift – 10 reps (each side)
- Stand on your left foot with a weight in your right hand.
- Keep your back straight and slowly bend forward as you take your right leg straight back behind you.
- Use the muscles in your butt and hamstrings to pull yourself back to upright.
- Repeat on the opposite leg.
Wall Sit – 60 seconds
- Lean with your back flat against the wall.
- Set your feet shoulder-width apart, about 2 feet out from the wall.
- Slide your back down the wall and “sit down” until your legs are at a 90 degree angle, your knees do not pass over your toes.
- Hold the position.
Repeat 3 times total for a killer thigh workout at home!
Try out some of my other awesome leg workouts:
Follow Tone and Tighten on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube