Loaded with protein and good-for-you ingredients, these little bites will power you through your day!
If you are looking for more delicious and healthy recipes that your family will love, be sure to check out my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Menu Plan!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (can use gluten-free oats)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, to make the mix easier to handle and mold.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like (I rolled mine about the size of a golf ball). Store in an airtight container; keeps in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
Recipe slightly adapted from Gimme Some Oven