Any dish that makes your protein and vegetables all in one pan is a winner in my book! This is one of my go-to meals when I need a healthy dinner in a short amount of time. The chicken is flavorful and delicious – I know that you will love it.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the chicken breasts in a single layer in the pan.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly on all the chicken breasts, then top the chicken evenly with salsa. Spread the sliced peppers and onions on top of the chicken, then drizzle the olive oil over the peppers and onions. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Pinning Mama