When it comes to making dinner, I use my slow cooker ALL THE TIME. Throw some ingredients in, let it cook all day, and dinner is done . . . it doesn’t get any easier than that!
I recently discovered a way to make cooking in my slow cooker EVEN EASIER . . . SLOW COOKER LINERS!!!
How have I not heard of these?!
They pretty much make clean up a breeze.
If you haven’t tried them, I recommend trying these liners now!
Throw the liner on, dump the ingredients in . . . dinner is easy and clean up is even easier!
Now onto this delicious recipe . . . beef stew is the ultimate comfort food and this recipe uses healthy ingredients to keep you feeling energized and full all day long.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner).
- Place the beef inside the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper, then pour over the meat. Using a large wooden spoon, mix the flour with the beef until all the beef is coated with flour mixture.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.