I love simple recipes that can be thrown together in a couple of minutes and this recipe is one of those! Toss it all together in your slow cooker and boom! Dinner is done!
Looking for more easy healthy recipes that your family will love? Check out my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Meal Plan – it has over 100 of my favorite healthy recipes that are kid approved!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups frozen corn (500 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (for easier clean up!).
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on low heat (or 2 hours high heat).
- After it's finished cooking, remove ¾ of the soup and puree until smooth, then add back in to remaining soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Running on Real Food
Looking for more healthy recipes?