Need a quick breakfast for those busy mornings? You’ll love these breakfast burritos for breakfast on the go! Start your day with a nutritious and delicious healthy breakfast burrito to keep you feeling full and satisfied until lunch. Loaded with bell peppers, eggs, cheese, and turkey sausage, these are quick and easy to make. Now you’ll have healthy breakfasts for days.
Keep reading for the recipe and nutrition facts below.
Eliminate guesswork and confusion and start seeing results.
Subscribe to Tone-and-Tighten.com and get our FREE “7-Day Workout and Healthy Menu Plan” delivered daily right to your inbox. CLICK HERE to get it.
Did you know that 31 million Americans skip breakfast everyday? And more men than women choose not to eat this morning meal (the best meal, in my humble opinion!).
People who skip breakfast are more likely to be overweight and have health problems. It’s worth it to take a few minutes for breakfast.
For many, the excuse for not eating breakfast during the busy week is that they just don’t have time.
Well, I am here to solve all your problems! [Okay, maybe not all your problems, but at least your lack-of-time-for-breakfast problems.]
Take 30 minutes one night and whip up these breakfast burritos and you will have more than enough to last you for the entire week. Plus, they are loaded with good food that will keep you energized throughout the morning.
Get the recipe below.
What Happens if You Skip Breakfast?
Eating breakfast can have many benefits besides just fueling you for the day.
Breakfast skippers tend to have a higher risk of certain diseases, such as Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, as well as obesity.
You may also miss out on important nutrients that your body needs if you aren’t fueling it regularly.
Not eating breakfast can also affect your blood sugar levels which affects your mood, energy levels, cognitive function, cravings, and can leave you feeling hangry.
Eating breakfast also helps your immune system, brain function, productivity, and can help you manage your weight. Interested? Be sure to check out my post: 6 Stunning Reasons Why You Should Eat Breakfast.
If you aren’t hungry right away in the morning and don’t like to start your day with a full stomach, then wait 1-3 hours and then have a breakfast focused on lean proteins, healthy carbohydrates and fiber, and healthy fats.
If you are skipping breakfast regularly for health benefits (ex: intermittent fasting), make sure you have a well-planned diet in order to decrease side effects and ensure you have a healthy diet with all the nutrients you need.
What Should I Eat For Breakfast?
What makes a good breakfast?
Do you prefer sweet breakfasts, like pastries, waffles/pancakes, sugary cereal, bagels, and muffins? You’re not alone.
Popular breakfast foods are often high in sugar and saturated fat and aren’t the best way for us to fuel our day.
With a breakfast high in sugar, you’re likely to spike your blood sugar and later have a mid-afternoon “crash” which could cause you to crave and overeat unhealthy snacks.
To begin your day with a filling and healthy meal, focus on nutrients that fuel you appropriately. Plan your breakfast meal around lean proteins and fiber. These will help you feel full and energized until lunch.
Great breakfast examples include oatmeal with fruit, eggs with whole-wheat toast and a banana, Greek yogurt with granola and berries, a breakfast burrito, or whole-wheat cereal and milk.
You can also fill up with a protein-packed smoothie made with Greek yogurt, chia/flax seeds, milk, nut butter, oats, and frozen fruits and veggies.
I wrote a post with some great on-the-go breakfast ideas you’ll enjoy: 20 Healthy On-The-Go Breakfast Ideas.
Start your day off right by trying this breakfast burrito recipe below!
Try some of my other favorite quick breakfast recipes:
- 12 eggs (6 with yolks, 6 without (just the egg whites)- you could substitute all egg whites if you would like)
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¾ lb turkey sausage
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- In a bowl, crack the eggs one at a time, add the milk, and beat together with a whisk or a fork until they are fully incorporated.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the sausage, peppers, and onions until the sausage is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Turn the heat down to medium and add the eggs. Let the eggs cook for a minute or two. You can then scrape the eggs from the edge of the pan to the center and continue doing this until the eggs are just about set. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let rest for 20-30 seconds while the cheese melts.
- Spoon some of the sausage and egg filling in the center of a tortilla. Wrap up each tortilla burrito-style, with the sides folded in. Place each burrito seam side down and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and then either wrap in foil or place in a plastic freezer bag.
- When ready to eat, remove wrap and place in the microwave for 90 seconds.
These go perfectly with my favorite fresh homemade salsa recipe.
Have you checked out my YouTube channel?